It is going to be a tale of two halves today.
The southern half of the area is going to have sunny skies and warm temps, while the West Virginia resorts and Wisp look to be in for a cloudier day with some less mild temps.
It will be a great day to be on the snow as it looks to remain dry area-wide.
The North Carolina, Virginia, and Tennessee resorts will see temperatures in the 50’s (we may see a 60° reading or two) with abundant sunshine.
The temperatures aren’t ideal for sure, but it will set up some classic spring skiing conditions.
Wisp and the West Virginia resorts will be in the 40s throughout the day, and we could see snowmaking conditions overnight. That will be a nice refresh as we slide into the weekend.
The snow will be soft and playful today if you are able to make a few turns.
For the full details, be sure to slide over to the Snow Reports page. Here are some notables for your Thursday.
- Today was one of those almost copy and paste days on the snow reports page as there were very few minor tweaks from yesterday.
- Omni Homestead has resumed operations, and this will be their last weekend of the 2021-22 season.
- Ober Gatlinburg announced late yesterday that they will conclude the season after Sunday’s session as well.
- The Ballhooter lift at Snowshoe is closed today due to maintenance. Village access is available from the Grabhammer lift.
- Massanutten is hosting Snow Moon Fest this weekend, which looks to be an awesome weekend. Ober Gatlinburg is also hosting their Spring Fling this weekend.
- App Ski Mountain is also hosting a special event on Sunday with the Wyatt’s Warriors Dual Slalom. Click here for the full details as well as to read about Wyatt’s story.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!