It is a refreshing morning to kick off the weekend.
Several resorts were able to crank up snowmaking operations overnight and into this morning as temperatures fell into the 20s. That allowed a quick refresh of the slopes as we head into what is going to be a great weekend.
A handful of resorts in West Virginia and Virginia along with Wisp Resort were able to take advantage and add a fresh layer of snow.
The North Carolina resorts unfortunately were unable to fire up snowmaking operations as it stayed a tick too warm.
It is going to be a beautiful day to play – even though it will be on the milder side. The next couple of days look to be on the warmish side so expect some great spring skiing.
For the full conditions report, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
A few notable items from about the area:
- Winterplace is back to normal operations after having to suspend operations at 4p yesterday due to a powerline fire off the property. That powerline provided electricity for the slop lights and has been repaired.
- Cataloochee is having The Big Sale on passes for next season. The sale runs through March 6, and will allow you to save big on your passes. For more information, click here.
- Ober Gatlinburg is set to host their Spring Fling on Sunday to close out the season. The event will feature competitions like SkiMo, Giant Slalom Race, High Ollie, Big Jump, and the always popular pond skimming. They will also have a season pass and winter apparel sale during the event.
- As I mentioned yesterday, Massanutten is set to host a big weekend with the Snow Moon Festival. It looks like it is going to be a blast.
- Today’s featured image is from Snowshoe Mountain. Ballhooter remains closed today, but they hope to have it spinning by Saturday. Details on how to access the village can be found below.
It is going to be a great weekend to make some turns.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]