February is going out with a mild bluebird day.
It is shaping up to be a beautiful day to wrap up the last day of the month even if it is on the mild side.
February has been a wild weather roller coaster from the first day, and the end of the month has been no exception.
Despite all that, there is still a lot of fun to be had.
This morning, there are eight resorts with lifts turning as we have had a few resorts move into snow conservation mode to keep bases for the weekend.
For the full details, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page. Here are a few notable items from around the area.
- Beech Mountain has announced that they will temporarily suspend operations on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Beech is anticipating reopening on Friday, March 3.
- Timberline has also suspended operations and is planning on reopening on Friday, March 3.
- Massanutten is playing hard today, but they will also suspend operations for Wednesday through Friday and will reopen on Saturday, March 4 – weather permitting. The Snow Moon Fest will be held regardless of operating status.
- Wisp Resort will only be open for day sessions on Wednesday, March 1, and Thursday, March 2.
- With Silver Creek closing for the season, Snowshoe has announced that the Basin will operate until 5p daily.
- While it wasn’t a pic of snow, I couldn’t pass using today’s picture of the day from Canaan Valley. What a sunset.
As you can see, there are a lot of moving pieces right now, but the resorts are fighting the good fight.
Let’s give a huge hat tip to all those fighting to give us the chance to play on the snow for just a little longer.
Ma Nature is going to throw another curveball at us later this week.
As I mentioned, today is shaping up to be pretty incredible, but some rain – potentially heavy at times – will move in Wednesday night and into Thursday with some more rain and potential storms on Friday.
However, we could see some cold this weekend so it is something we will be watching over the next couple of days.
Our buddy Bill Nabers checked in from Bryce and said that they had a little rain and a lot of skiing on Monday. Let’s hope we can keep that trend rolling.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].