After Wednesday’s rain, we are ready for some smooth sailing into the weekend.
It wouldn’t be spring riding without having to dodge some raindrops, and that was the name of the game on Wednesday. Snowshoe reported just under an inch of rain in the past 24 hours, and Cataloochee was right there with them. Beech and Sugar didn’t receive quite as much but still saw over half an inch fall.
The mountain operation crews have been hard at work and things are looking pretty good as we get ready to drop the rope this morning.
For the full details, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page, but here are a few notable items.
- The Western Territory at Snowshoe is closed today, but the ‘Shoe’s operation team is optimistic that may be able to re-open Cupp Run this weekend.
- There will be some thin areas – especially after the Wednesday rain – at all four resorts so be on the lookout for trail markings.
- Still looking at buying a season pass for next season? Be sure to check with your favorite resort as several season pass sales are still ongoing.
- Snowshoe is hosting West Virginia Ski Free Day on Sunday. Stop by The Depot with proof of West Virginia residency and they will set you up with a free lift ticket.
- Today’s featured image is from Resortcams.com and a look from the Beech Mountain Summit Camera. What an incredible view above the clouds.
It is still a good time to get those final laps in for the 2021-22 season.
Looking for a place to stay this weekend? Our friends up at Mountain Valley Realty at Snowshoe are offering a last weekend discount if you mention that you saw their Facebook post (and you can also tell them you saw it here).
Thursday is going to be a mix of sun and clouds with some cooler temperatures. Friday and the weekend are looking pretty fantastic as well – especially as we could see some light snow showers Friday night and into Saturday morning.
That would be a great way to end the season.
That does it for today, but until tomorrow, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]