It is going to be a gray day for Wednesday.
Rain moved in overnight and is sticking around this morning, but the persistent stuff will move out midday.
We could, however, see some thunderstorms and additional showers this afternoon and into tonight so today is definitely a weather-aware kind of day.
After we get through today, the rest of the week and the weekend is looking pretty solid as the season winds down.
For the latest snow conditions, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
Beech Mountain, Cataloochee, Snowshoe, and Sugar Mountain all have lifts turning today.
A couple of notable items from around the area.
- Beech is hosting the inaugural Beech Bash Community Ride Day to mark the end of the season. The event is open to skiers and snowboarders of all ages and abilities and will feature prizes, games, and fellowship. It is hosted by the park crew.
- Beech announced yesterday that the offseason will bring terrain redesign, new chairlifts, and increased snowmaking capacity improvements. Read about it here.
- Sugar Mountain is continuing to offer March Madness rates.
- Could we see a little snow this weekend? We are definitely keeping out as we could see a few snow showers to bring some ambiance to the last weekend of the year.
- Snowshoe is leaving the Western Territory ungroomed in an attempt to keep it open for the final weekend of the season. Moguls have also formed on Knotbumper and Lower Ballhooter.
- Speaking of Snowshoe, today’s featured image is from the Spring Send It Event they hosted on Saturday. The event looked like a blast.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].