That ticking sound you hear is the clock ticking.
The countdown is on to many things this time of year from the fall leaves, October festivals, and even bigger – the start of the 2021-22 ski season.
We talk about it a lot but it has been amazing how fast time has flown this year. It seriously feels like it should be June.
However, I love this time of year as we have football, cool nights, and the beauty of the leaves turning.
The best part? It all feeds into excitement for the ski season that is two months away.
If you talk to any of the resort staff at our member resorts, you can hear the excitement in their voices.
As we get things fired up for the season, we have been working on a couple of stories for the coming weeks and it has been awesome to get to talk to the various staffs.
One thing is for sure – they are all excited for the season.
Stay tuned for those stories as well as some additional content we have coming out over the next month. The Ski Southeast machine is getting ready to be cranking at full steam.
A couple of various notes from around the area:
- If you haven’t had a chance to check out the 2021 Mercedes-Benz UCI Mountain Bike World Cup Finals at Snowshoe, you owe it to yourself to check out some videos of the course and the event.The downhill course is over on the Western Territory, while the Cross Country is on the Basin side of the mountain.For a cool video from the event that Mike shared this morning, click here and you can also check out a ride along of the course here.
- Mike also shared the first of many winter weather forecasts and you can check it out by clicking here.
- If you haven’t got your season pass for your favorite resort, be sure to check out their websites as several resorts have preseason specials running right now.
- Congratulations to Jay Gamble on being named the new General Manager at Wintergreen Resort. Gamble is a 40-year snow veteran and will be a great addition to the area ski scene.
- For those who might have missed it, we finished August with 21 foggy mornings which will hopefully pan out into a snowy winter.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]