It is going to be a picture-perfect start to the week.
After an incredible weekend, Monday isn’t going to disappoint either as we have fantastic spring conditions all across the area with abundant sunshine for Monday.
Today’s featured image is from our own Kenny Griffin from Snowshoe this past weekend.
Some partly cloudy conditions move in for Tuesday, but today really sets the tone for a great week on the slopes.
Seriously, this week looks incredible until the weekend and that is even hit or miss right now.
Be sure to take advantage of the weather if and at all possible.
Snowmaking continued at a select few resorts overnight, but it wasn’t as widespread as it was on Sunday night.
Slope conditions still look fantastic as the base depths are holding strong and we have plenty of snow to play on.
For the latest conditions, be sure to hop over to the Snow Reports page.
A few notes from around the area:
- Ski Sapphire announced on Saturday that their season will be extended for one more weekend. The new closing date is March 13. Ski Sapphire will open at noon on Friday, March 12, and close for the season at 8p on Saturday, March 13.
- A lot of resorts have altered their schedules moving forward for the rest of the season. Cataloochee has announced that they will only offer day sessions, while Winterplace will operate from 9a-4p the rest of the way with the exception of this Friday and Saturday where they will offer their final night sessions of the season.
- Be sure to check out the Snow Reports page as we update hours daily for the local resorts. I also encourage you to check with your destination resort as hours are certainly weather-dependent.
- As I mentioned, base depths are holding strong. There is a ton of snow to play on across the region. Most resorts are reporting a groomed or loose granular conditions.
- Omni Homestead and Wolf Ridge have wrapped up their 2020-21 seasons. It was a great season for both resorts.
This is a great time to hit the slopes as we have outstanding conditions and some great special offers and deals.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].