Today’s featured image is from App Ski Mountain.
It is going to be a terrific Thursday out on the slopes.
It would be a bluebird day alert, but we will have some clouds moving in this afternoon with some periods of rain moving through overnight.
There is plenty of snow available to ride and play on, and today will have some really, really good spring conditions. The snow will be soft and playful and you can make laps in short sleeves – sounds like a great day to me.
Did I mention there is still plenty of snow?
For the latest conditions on the slopes, slide over to the Snow Reports page.
Here are a few notable items as we inch closer to the weekend.
- On the slopes, most resorts are reporting groomed surfaces and a few others are reporting spring snow. There is plenty of side-to-side coverage and things look really good as we head into the weekend.
- As you head out this weekend, be sure to take a look at the resort’s hours as most are on a late-season schedule now.
- Bryce Resort announced that Sunday will be the last day of their 2019-20 season yesterday. They are closing the year out in style with Winterfest on Saturday.
- Wintergreen also announced they are hosting a season finale party to mark the end of the season. Sunday will be their last day – they are featuring music, fire, food and pond skimming. The Mountain op crews are also turning all of Dobie into a terrain park.
- The Ballhooter Festival is set this weekend at Snowshoe. The weekend of skiing and music is one of the best parties of the season. I mean who doesn’t love to ski, party, sleep and then repeat?
- Speaking of Snowshoe, there is less than a week to grab the Ridiculous Pass.
That will do it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]