Today’s featured image is from Beech Mountain.
It is going to be an eventful couple of days when it comes to the weather.
Snow will start later this evening before mixing with ice and then turning to rain before ending as some Northwest Flow snow on Friday.
There are a lot of factors at play as far as the forecast, and fortunately, our own Brad Panovich shared his latest update last night.
Keep the #ThinkSnow vibe going so hopefully we will get those totals (and maybe more). I think all of us would take snow over ice.
Before the next system rolls into the area, Wednesday is going to be an incredible day to be on the slope.
A few resorts picked up a moderate accumulation of natural snow in the past 24 hours. Snowshoe headlines the list as Cheat Mountain received 3″ of natural snow, while Canaan and Timberline received just over 2.5″.
Wisp Resort in Maryland received 2″ overnight, while Winterplace in West Virginia also received an inch.
The cold temperatures (we are talking single digits in some locations – brrrr) also allowed the mountain operation crews to work their magic. Snowmaking was ongoing at nearly every resort this morning, and the results are giving us incredible conditions for the middle of the week.
For the full rundown, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page for the latest conditions.
A few notable items from across the region:
- Massanutten has announced that they are sold out of both lift and tubing tickets for Wednesday, Feb. 17.
- Canaan Valley has several of its natural snow trails open today with a total of 42 total slopes open. Prosperity and Lower Prosperity will continue to stay open for uphill only.
- With the forecast including ice in several locations, be sure to be weather aware and also check with your intended resort to be sure there will be no interruptions to operations due to icing.
- App Ski Mountain, Bryce Resort, Beech Mountain, Massanutten, Snowshoe, Sugar Mountain, Timberline, and Wintergreen are all reporting that they are 100% open today.
- Wisp Resort, Ober Gatlinburg, and Cataloochee have all but one trail open on their respective mountains.
- Most resorts are reporting a groomed surface this morning.
It is going to be a great day as well as an interesting 48-72 hours.
One additional note – I heard from our partners up at Snowshoe Rentals yesterday and they have an incredible special going on. For the rest of the season, they are offering 15% off of three-night stays which would be perfect to hit up that less crowded midweek period.
That does for today, but be sure to check back and follow us on social media for the latest info.
Until tomorrow, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].