Today’s featured photo is from Steve Skarupa. Steve sent in this shot from Snowshoe this morning.
Here we go!
Mother Nature gave us a light dusting of snow as an appetizer overnight with the main course to come later today and tonight – especially at the West Virginia resorts as the northwest flow snow will engage.
Brad shared his latest skier’s forecast this morning and this weekend looks incredible.
It’s crazy how great the weekends have been the past few weeks.
The West Virginia resorts – especially Canaan and Snowshoe – look poised to be in the bullseye again this weekend, but totals won’t quite rival what we saw last weekend as we are looking at 6-8” with maybe a chance of a foot of natural snow.
Beech and Sugar are looking to 2-4” but we could see totals approach 6”, while Cataloochee and Ober could see a couple of inches. Wisp also looks to be in that 1-2” range.
On top of the snow, a majority of the resorts will see snowmaking temperatures the next two nights – and Snowshoe, Sugar, and Beech actually have their snowmaking operations going this morning.
All of this will make for an outstanding weekend on the slopes.
For this morning’s conditions, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
Here are a couple of notables:
- Beech Mountain, Sugar Mountain, Wolf Ridge, Snowshoe, Canaan Valley, and Wisp all reported light snow overnight but nothing major.
- Conditions will change throughout the day. I thought Snowshoe put it well on their morning report with “conditions will be top-notch out there today, and only getting better as the snow continues to fall.” That will be the case just about everywhere.
- Wolf Ridge has decided to wait another day before reopening. They will be offering day and half-day sessions on Saturday and Sunday.
- This will be the last weekend for Ski Sapphire Valley and they are going to go out in style. They open at noon today.
- Canaan Valley is set to host Governor’s Cup and Winter Carnival this weekend. Always a great event.
- Beech Mountain is concluding week-long fundraising and awareness-raising for colon cancer with the Runs for Buns on Saturday. For more information on everything going on at Beech tomorrow, click here
- Snowshow is hosting the Homegrown Music Festival this weekend which is always a great celebration. Not to mention, the skiing conditions will be fantastic.
One quick note – if you weren’t able to make it to the Summit this year, we have a limited selection of the shirts and hoodies available on our Ski Southeast shop (https://www.skisoutheast.com/shop/).
We will be adding more products in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.
That will do it for today, but be sure to check us out on social media – especially when the flakes begin to fall.
Until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]