We officially kick off winter at 4:48p, and we are going to feel some of the coldest temperatures we have seen in a while by this weekend.
Wednesday is shaping up to be a beautiful day on the slopes with excellent conditions up and down the region. Nearly every resort was able to crank up snowmaking operations overnight, and it is amazing how quickly the snow is piling up.
The big story is the cold that is coming Friday and for the weekend. Our own Brad Panovich stopped by with his latest skier’s forecast to give us the details of what to expect over the coming days.
A bit of a roller coaster ride, but the skiing and riding look incredible for Christmas week.
For the full report on conditions, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
Here are a few random notes from around the region on the shortest day of the year.
- In their snow report, Snowshoe teased the opening of the Western Territory in the next couple of days with Cupp Run potentially opening tomorrow.
- On the second day of the season, Wintergreen has bumped their open trail count to seven with four lifts spinning. Look for them to continue to add more terrain in the coming days.
- Rumor has it that Santa will be making a few laps at some area resorts over the next couple of days.
- Ski Sapphire Valley will drop the rope on their tubing season today, while the ski area is set to open on Friday, Dec. 23.
- Other than an additional trail opening here or there as well as additions to the base, things are pretty much status quo from yesterday.
- Those base depth additions have been pretty sweet this week as there is a ton of snow to play on as we slide into Christmas weekend.
- Today’s featured image is Christian Deiss and Evie Norris as they took some turns at Winterplcae on Monday. The two are home for the holidays from Ohio University and Marshall University.
Wednesday is looking pretty incredible if you can make some turns.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].