It may be a bit gray at times, but Thursday is still going to be awesome.
After what was a near picture-perfect day on Wednesday, we will have some clouds move in later today. The sweet news is some locations could see fresh snow by the time the sunrises tomorrow.
February just keeps delivering, and we love it.
If you follow us over on Facebook and Instagram, you saw Kenny was sharing some outstanding content from Sugar Mountain yesterday. Goodness, the conditions were fantastic.
He shared his trip report earlier this morning, and you can check it out by clicking here.
One of our crew, Justin, also hit the slopes last night as he made the short trek to Beech Mountain. One of the photos he shared is the featured photo of the day, and here are a couple of others.
While it may not be as picture-perfect weather-wise today, the snow conditions look incredible so it will be a great day to be on the slopes to play.
For the full conditions report, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
A couple of tidbits from around the area this morning:
- Omni Homestead will reopen today at noon for their weekend operating hours. Conditions look fantastic, and they have plenty of tickets available for their remaining dates.
They also announced that their season will be extended to March 7.
- Ober Gatlinburg has one of their best seasons in recent memory and announced on Thursday that Grizzly is now open. That brings their open slope count to nine.
- App Ski Mountain, Beech Mountain, Cataloochee, Sugar Mountain, Snowshoe Mountain, Timberline Mountain, and Massanutten Resort are open at 100% this morning. How great is that?
- At Snowshoe, they announced that the Sunset Glades on the western side are open today for experts only.
- As you would expect, you will find a lot of groomed and packed powder conditions on the slopes.
- A friendly reminder that if you are looking to ski and board this weekend, today would be a great day to purchase tickets if your destination does online sales.
As I mentioned up top, we will see snow natural snow – especially across the northern resorts tonight. Accumulations will be on the lighter side (maybe 1-3″).
The southern resorts will see a mixed bag of rain, sleet, and snow before ending in all snow on Friday morning. The bright side is that the mixed bag will mostly fall in the overnight hours.
The weekend, however, is looking fantastic across the board.
That does it for today, until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]