It is a foggy kind of morning.
Fog is prevalent across the region this morning – pretty dense in some places – as it sets the mood for today.
We are getting closer to the break of the milder temperatures and pesky rain, but the trend will continue for couple more days.
However, next week is starting to look interesting – especially with some of those forecasted temperatures.
Brad will be posting his latest skier’s forecast in the next couple of days and hopefully, he will be able to talk about the breaking of the mild trend we have been dealing with this week.
Thursday still looks to be a lot of fun on the slopes at the seven open resorts.
For a live look at the conditions of your favorite resort, be sure to visit Resortcams.com.
The mountain operation crews have done a great job keeping the snow in great shape despite the yuckiness that Ma Nature has thrown at us this week. For the full details, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
Here is a quick look at some notable items and thoughts from around the area.
- One of the coolest things I have seen this season is Ober Mountain’s 25 Days of Ober with daily carolers, local artistans and even an ice festival last Saturday as well as this upcoming Saturday.My favorite part, however, is the nightly reading of ‘Twas the night before Christmas as they are getting families and special guests to read the story – just really cool stuff.
- Friday is set to bring a few reopenings for resorts. Timberline and Wolf Ridge are scheduled to resume operations, but those are weather permitting.
- Winterplace is set to host bonus days this Saturday and Sunday that look to be a lot of fun.
- If you are looking to purchase a Snowshoe season pass, today is the last day to purchase before the rates up.
- Today’s featured image is from Snowshoe’s Skidder Camera and conditions are looking pretty good. There is a lot of fun to be had on the slopes if you are lucky enough to make some turns.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]