Some cooler weather is on the way.
After a stretch of mildish and downright warm days over the past few weeks, a pattern flip is going to give us some cooler weather – and even some hints at some natural snow this weekend.
As a result, we could see some really good snowmaking windows opening up as resorts can get a much-needed refresh and set them up for a strong closing month.
The window looks marginal for a few nights for the southern resorts, but the northern resorts look to have plenty of opportunity to crank up snowmaking if they choose to start tonight.
It will be something we are keeping a close eye on over the next couple of days.
For your Tuesday, we have five resorts open for play.
Those five are Appalachian, Beech Mountain, Snowshoe Mountain, Sugar Mountain, and Wisp Resort. To view the full details on conditions and the like, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
Here are a few notes from around the region.
- Timberline has suspended operations for Tuesday and Wednesday but will crank things back up Thursday-Sunday. Operations for the week of March 12th are to be determined.
- Snowshoe has left the Berming Man and Turning Man course set up on Spruce if you would like to take on the course – it looks like a lot of fun.
- Speaking of Snowshoe, the resort posted the status of operations on social late Monday and noted that barring a significant natural snow event, the Western Territory is likely done for the season.
- Wisp has announced that they will only be open for day sessions this week.
- Today’s featured image is from App Ski Mountain’s Sunrise Sunday series. Ric Wilkinson for the win once again.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]