The pattern flip is almost here.
After a mild start to the year, things are starting to get a little more seasonal at the end of the week.
This morning is seeing temperatures in the upper 30s for most places, and those temperatures should be even colder tonight allowing for snowmaking opportunities at most resorts.
That is perfect timing for those hitting the slopes this weekend as it is amazing how fast the mountain operation crews can work their magic (#ThankASnowmaker).
Sugar Mountain was able to squeeze a little snow out of the cold temperatures overnight, but it looks like they are the only resort that cranked up snowmaking.
However, I fully expect a manmade blizzard tonight at nearly every resort.
There is also a chance of some light natural snow in the northern part of the region.
Thursday is going to be a pretty nice day to make some turns, especially after the soggy nature of Wednesday.
For the full details, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
Here are a few notable items from around the region.
- The weather has forced Ski Sapphire Valley to close for the weekend, and they look to resume operations on Friday, January 13 – weather permitting.
- Beech Mountain is set to host its first Ladies’ Night of the season tonight as they host an inclusive and casual park session for the ladies from 5p to 9p. $15 lift tickets for ladies are available.
- Winterplace is now offering a Yeti Scavenger hunt this season. They are offering levels from beginners to experts so there is something for everyone to enjoy.
- Omni Homestead is set to resume operations as scheduled today.
- Wisp Resort is celebrating Hero’s Day on Friday, January 6 with complimentary 1-day extended lift tickets given to military, fire, police, and rescue personnel. For more information, you can visit their site at Wispresort.com.
Today’s featured image is from Canaan Valley Resort. The caption was perfect for the photo – “Sure the weather has been a little wonky lately, but that doesn’t stop the good times from flowing on the snow.”
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].