It’s going to be a fun weekend.
Friday has arrived to kick off the week, and we are looking at a pretty solid day – not as mild as the last few days and dry conditions.
Despite the mild conditions, the snow is looking playful this morning as well so it will be a great day to make some turns.
The real fun comes mostly Sunday as a Southern storm takes shape bringing snow to the region.
Brad shared his latest skier’s forecast overnight so I will let him break it down for you.
Pretty sweet for the North Carolina resorts. Next weekend is looking interesting as well.
It has been wild watching the forecasts and model runs over the last couple of days and how they have shifted around.
With the snow, we could also see some snowmaking crank back up. A few resorts are planning to take advantage if a snowmaking window opens tonight for a weekend refresh.
For a full list of conditions, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
Here are a few notable items from around the area.
- As we head into the weekend, advance purchases of lift tickets, tubing tickets, and rentals are recommended for most locations. If you are looking to play this weekend, I would try to purchase online where possible.
- Massanutten will see Diamond Jim and Slot closed on Saturday and Sunday morning for a USSA race. Both trails are open today.
- Omni Homestead is hosting another February Friday today. With lifts turning until 8p, they are offering discounted tickets and rentals for today as well as for the weekend.
- Ski Sapphire Valley is set to resume operations at noon today as scheduled.
- Canaan Valley is hosting Subaru Winterfest this weekend that will feature specials, a special event featuring Red Bull, Custard Stand Chili, and some perks for Subaru owners.
- Today’s featured image is from App Ski Mountain. The caption was simply “No. Bad. Days.” Not a bad motto to have.
It is going to be a fun and interesting weekend for sure.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].