The second day of meteorological spring is going to be another bluebird day.
In all honesty, I forgot/didn’t realize that meteorological spring started yesterday until later in the day when I saw a social post.
It was a duh moment for sure, but it is still winter around here until the last lift stops turning.
That is my excuse and I am sticking to it.
Spring skiing is in full form this week as we are seeing some mild temperatures and bluebird skies. The first two of the weeks have been beautiful, and the rest of the week looks to be copy and paste from today.
A Word from Our Sponsors
Maggie Mountain Vacations
With rentals in the Smoky Mountains and along the Blue Ridge Parkway find a home or cabin that's perfect for you. Packed with adventures nearby such as hiking, skiing, fishing, ziplining and more Maggie Mountain Vacations is sure to be your go to for a relaxing get away for both short and long term stays. Their Courteous staff and 24/7 booking features make for smooth check-in and check-out experiences so you can make the most of your visit to Maggie Valley and surrounding areas.
Call (828) 926-4270 or visit their website today to book your next stay and view lists of dining and events to make the most of your trip. With pet inclusive rentals and a wide variety of homes Maggie Mountain Vacations is sure to have something for all of your needs!
Conditions are looking good as the bases are holding up well. I thought Snowshoe hit the nail on the head this morning with “the corduroy should ride smooth and buttery to start the day before softening up after lunch.” That scenario should be playing out all over the region over the next couple of days.
You can view the full report over at the Snow Reports page.
Here are a couple of notable items from the ski report.
- Snowshoe will have Ballhooter lift closed for today so you will need to access the village by the Grabhammer lift with a short hike.
- Beech Mountain is offering $5 of slope tickets Monday through Friday for college students and also offering $15 Tuesday lift tickets for college students. Promotions run through Friday, March 11.
- Today’s featured image is from Bill Nabors as he made the short trip to Massanutten. He said he really enjoyed their snow and the experience.
- Bryce Resort has concluded night skiing for the season as they move into late season hours.
- Speaking of late-season hours, Cataloochee will start their late-season hours on Sunday, March 6 so this will be the last week to ride under the lights in Maggie Valley.
There is still time to grab some quality runs over the next couple of weeks.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]