Today’s featured image is from Canaan Valley Resort where the sunsets rarely disappoint.
It is going to be a mild transitional day, but more snow and cold air are on the way.
After an incredible weekend and a bluebird day Monday, Tuesday looks to be a little more contrary. However, it is going to be short-lived – especially from the Virginia line northward.
Our own Brad Panovich shared his latest Skier’s Forecast and it has incredible news for those heading out on President’s Day Weekend.
Those totals in the Mountain State have me hearing Country Roads this morning.
While it may be yucky for a day or two for our southern resorts, it will be worth it once the cold moves in this weekend.
As for today, the slopes will be fantastic as we continue to have some of the best conditions of the season.
Today’s snow will be a little softer and more playful as we get rolling.
For the complete snow report, be sure to hop over to the Snow Reports page.
Here is a quick glance at some notable items for this Tuesday morning:
- App Ski Mountain, Beech Mountain, Bryce Resort, Cataloochee, Massanutten, Snowshoe Mountain, Sugar Mountain, Timberline Mountain, Wintergreen, and Wolf Ridge are open at 100% today.
- In total, we have just 19 closed trails (including a number of natural snow only trails at Canaan Valley) across the open resorts.
How impressive is that?
- We have seen a couple of resorts post about limited (or even sold out) tickets for this upcoming weekend. If you are looking to book a last-second getaway, today would be a FANTASTIC day to start planning.
- As a note, Omni Homestead will reopen at noon on Thursday and Ski Sapphire is set to open at noon on Friday.
- Snow conditions are fantastic region-wide this morning with most resorts reporting a groomed surface. Bases and coverage also continue to be outstanding.
In case you missed it over the weekend, a podcast is in our future. As Mike mentioned in First Trax over the weekend, we’ve talked about that a few times over the last two years with various members of our team and Mike is going to give us the green light with the end of the month as the target date.
As Mike noted, we’ll share stories from around the region and bring in guest resort owners and marketing peeps, but we would also love to hear to hear from you.
If you have ideas for episode subjects and themes, let us know. We’re also considering many names for it. If you have a suggestion, let us know.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]