It is another calm before the storm Thursday.
For the third week in a row, we are watching the weekend forecast as a storm system is going to be tantalizingly close to the area.
The MLK Weekend storm certainly delivered, while most of the area missed out last weekend.
This upcoming weekend looks to be a middle-of-the-road system as the resorts are going to see our old pal Northwest Flow snow.
The bigger story heading into the weekend will be the cold – Saturday is going to be frigid – but put together the snow and cold, and we have some incredible conditions on the slopes.
Before the weekend, today is going to be pretty awesome as well.
It is a chilly bluebird morning, and the snow looks really inviting this morning.
For the full details, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
Here are a few notes for your Thursday.
- Omni Homestead will return to action this morning and will operate through Monday. Conditions are looking incredible and they are up to eight open trails.
- As a reminder, Ski Sapphire Valley will reopen at noon on Friday.
- Wintergreen Resort is now 100% open with 26 open trails.
- Sugar Mountain added a new trail to the mix this morning and is now just one run from being open at 100% with Sugar Bear being the lone holdout.
- Timberline is also one slope away from being open at 100%. The mountain operation crews are working on an electrical issue on Upper Almost Heaven which has delayed its opening.
- We may see some resorts close trails today and even part of the day tomorrow for heavy snowmaking. Snowshoe is following that plan of attack with Camp 4, while App Ski Mountain has two trails where they are focusing on snowmaking.
- The West Virginia resorts received a trace of natural snow overnight. That is four straight days that at least part of the state has received at least a trace of natural snow.
- Massanutten is open for day session only today, but night skiing will be back tomorrow.
It was great to hear from the Duy and Chamberlain families as they are on their annual trip to Snowshoe Resort. It sounds like they had an incredible start on Monday and Tuesday.
We look forward to hearing more about their trip.
I also want to hear about your trip to the mountains so let us know about your adventures!
That does it for today, but until tomorrow, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]