Wednesday is starting kind of yucky.
Rain – heavy at times – moved through late yesterday and into this morning, and we are still seeing a few showers moving through.
Along with the gray clouds, it is just one of those mornings.
The underdeveloped snow will be moving out later in the day and make way for cloudy and partly cloudy skies.
We did see some natural snow fall as Snowshoe’s NWS Station is reporting an inch of fresh powder, while Wisp, Canaan Valley, and Timberline all received under a half-inch of natural snow. Those locations are seeing a bit of a wintry mix this morning as rain has started mixing in.
After today, we will have a couple of calm days before the next weather maker moves through, and we have our eye on that system. As Canaan Valley put in the trail report, “One last snow before spring? YES PLEASE!”
It definitely looks like it could be an awesome weekend.
Today will be a little wet, but it is going to be far from a washout. For the full report, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
Here are a couple of notable items for this morning.
- Wisp Resort is on a delayed opening this morning.
- Bryce Resort has announced that Hangover is now closed for the season leaving them with seven open trails. While there has been no official announcement, they did mention in the mountain report on Tuesday that this will likely be their last weekend coming up.
- Despite the rain overnight, the base depths are holding on really strong. There is plenty of snow still to play on.
- Our own Rudy Ryback took part in Ober Gatlinburg’s Spring Fling on Sunday and wrote about the day here. Be sure to check it out.
- Today’s featured image is from App Ski Mountain.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].