It is going to be a bluebird kind of day.
Tuesday morning is starting off with sunshine and excellent conditions, and shaping up to be a fantastic day to be on the slopes.
Look at a couple of shots from over at Resortcams.
I think Snowshoe was spot on in saying it is going to be a heck of a Tuesday.
Several resorts picked up at least a trace of natural snow on Monday, but we had a couple of big winners.
Beech Mountain and Wolf Ridge picked up nearly seven inches of fresh snow from the time the event started until this morning, while Snowshoe, Sugar Mountain, Canaan, and Timberline were all in the 5″ range.
Winterplace and Wisp received a couple of inches.
Pretty sweet start to the week.
Today’s featured photo is from Monday at Snowshoe as they were showing off of that Cheat Mountain magic on Monday.
On top of the natural snow, it appears nearly every resort took advantage of the colder temperatures to make snow overnight setting up for an awesome day on the slopes.
For the latest conditions, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
Here are a few notes from around the area.
- Massanutten may have a slightly delayed opening this morning as they are swapping out some electrical breakers that service the Easy Rider and Creekside quads. The hope is they will have it completed by 9a.
- Snowshoe is making snow on Choker and Lower Shay’s Revenge as they hope to have those open in the coming days.
- Wisp Resort is currently making snow on 18 trails – including North Camp and The East Ridge – and they hope to add more terrain to the count this week.
- We have had a lot of questions regarding Wolf Ridge this season, and I did notice they were making snow at the top this morning so hopefully they will be able to add terrain to the mix as well.
- Cataloochee is opening Richards Run and Short N Sweet to the mix today, and they look to drop the rope on Upper Snowbird in the coming days to get to 100% open.
It is great to see the week starting off well.
Today is also going to be a bit of a calm-before-the-storm kind of day.
A weather system that is going to bring rain to the southern resorts and maybe some snow in the northern part will move into the area late tonight and into tomorrow morning. After the system passes, the northwest flow will kick off with some more snowmaking opportunities.
It will be a roller coaster ride.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]