It is going to be a bit of a spring preview over the next couple of days, but colder temperatures aren’t far away.
The weather roller-coaster has left the station as we will see some milder temperatures before the cold rushes back in on Friday.
Temperatures will make their way into the 40’s today and 50’s tomorrow before some rain moves in late Thursday evening and night.
That doesn’t mean things are great on the slopes as the great conditions that we have seen over the last couple of weeks will continue.
The best part? The cold air rushes in and we could see some snow on Friday along with a pretty nice snowmaking window to refresh things for the holiday weekend.
Brad will be checking in over the next day or two with his latest skier’s forecast so be on the lookout for that.
For the latest slope conditions, be sure to hop over to the Snow Reports page. Here are a few notables from around the area:
- Wolf Ridge posted on Facebook Tuesday that they are having issues with their Quad chairlift. They are hoping to have it up and running by this weekend but will be operating with the double chairlift and two surface lifts servicing the three beginner slopes until the Quad is back in service.
- A few resorts were able to crank up snowmaking operations for a bit overnight to provide a quick refresh of the trails.
- Most resorts have held steady as far as trail count – with an exception to the rule here or there – for the past week.
- If you are planning on making a trip to the mountains this weekend, be sure to purchase in advance if possible. We are seeing a few resorts getting close to their capacity limits for Saturday and Sunday.
- Today’s featured image is from our pal Bill Nabers at Bryce as he took a skier’s lunch on Monday. Bill noted that part of it is the angle, but it is still impressive that the sign in the photo is six feet off the ground for bike season. That is a lot of snow.
The getting is still really good out there.
Here are a couple of posts that I thought were cool to wrap things up for today.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]