After a couple of springlike days, it certainly feels more like January outside.
The pattern has flipped in winter’s favor once again as we have colder temperatures and even some natural snow flying around at the northern resorts. There is also some snowmaking ongoing at a handful of resorts as they refresh the base.
Pretty good start to the weekend.
Brad shared his latest skier’s forecast and he grabbed my attention talking about next week.
I am glad to see the pattern flip staying in our favor for a few days.
We are seeing some natural snow falling this morning as Canaan Valley, Timberline, and Wisp are all reporting some light accumulation with snow still flying. It also looks like Snowshoe is also seeing some snow showers to kick off the morning.
For the latest conditions from across the area, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
Here are a few notable items as we head into the weekend.
- As mentioned, we do have a few resorts making snow this morning and snowmaking will continue as long as conditions allow including on some open terrain today.
- Most of the region is also under a wind advisory today with gusts up to 50 mph. As a result, you could see lift operations impacted momentarily with wind holds throughout the day.
- Evolution at Snowshoe is now open with terrain park features.
- Massanutten is hosting USASA this weekend, and there will be slope share on Diamond Jim for the event.
- It is going to be a busy weekend with a ton of events going on at the resorts. Be sure to check out your intended destination to be sure you aren’t missing out on the fun.
There is going to be a lot of fun on the slopes this weekend, and things are setting up quite nicely for next week as well.
To wrap things up today, here are a few posts from the resorts from the social media world.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].