The final weekend of January is going to be pretty sweet. Cold and downright frigid on Saturday, but pretty sweet.
This afternoon and tonight will see snow move back into the area for some Friday freshies, and the conditions for the weekend are looking insanely awesome.
Our own Brad Panovich discussed the snow and totals in his latest skier’s forecast.
I think he hit the nail on the head with the “good keeps on giving” – hence today’s title.
January has been really good to us for sure.
For the resort-by-resort slope report, be sure to check out the Snow Reports page.
A few notables for the weekend:
- Sugar Mountain joined the 100% open ranks today as Sugar Bear is now open.
- Omni Homestead is also now open at 100%.
- Snowshoe added four trails to the mix, and they are also offering tree skiing on the Knotbumer Glades and Sunset Glades. They are playing on 220 acres.
- Ski Sapphire will be reopening as scheduled at noon today. It looks like they have adjusted their hours to 6p as a result of staffing issues.
- I have heard from a couple of resorts that Saturday lift ticket availability is becoming limited so be sure to check with your intended destination and purchase in advance if possible.
I always enjoy hearing from our readers about their adventures on the snow (or just in general even).
It was really cool to hear from longtime reader Robbie Robison on Thursday after he spent the day at Beech (which also happens to be the featured image of the day).
Robbie mentioned that the conditions were perfect and that it was a bluebird day.
That view at the Skybar never gets old, and hopefully, we can make some turns with Robbie and his crew some time.
We also heard from the Duy/Chamberlain crew, and the good times keep on rolling for the family.
I think one year we need to tag along.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]