UPDATE: Sugar will now close Tuesday, March 17 at 4:30pm.
From the Desk of Gunther Jochl:
SUGAR MOUNTAIN RESORT MEMORANDUM
TO: GUESTS AND EMPLOYEES
FROM: GUNTHER JOCHL
SUBJECT: CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
TODAY’S DATE: MARCH 15, 2020
Sugar Mountain Resort offers fresh mountain air, great groomed slopes, and wide open
spaces. We remain committed to providing our guests and employees a healthy and safe
environment to recreate and work.
Sugar Mountain Resort will remain open.
We are taking the following measures to ensure a clean and healthy environment:
- As always, we are committed to the highest safety, health, and sanitation
standards. We communicate and reinforce with guests and employees to follow
hygiene practices, including cough and sneeze etiquette, hand sanitizing
procedure, and staying home when sick.
- We are taking further steps by adding extra hand-washing supplies and hand
sanitizing stations in public areas, restrooms, and employee areas, as well as
increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout the resort.
- Gatherings of people will be limited to small groups.
- On-property first responders are trained in first aid, biohazard cleanup, and CPR.
- We are educating employees on COVID-19 awareness to make better-informed
- If a guest has the desire to distance themselves from another guest, they can
request to ride the lift by themselves. Sugar Mountain Resort has several open
chairlifts to access the open terrain.
Sugar Mountain Resort continues to monitor the situation and will make any changes if
necessary. Thank you for your understanding and we wish everyone good health.
Photo is from archived images.