The mild trend continues.
Wednesday is shaping up to be a mild day – albeit a little more partly cloudy than Tuesday.
Temperatures across the region are nearly 20 degrees warmer this morning as we continue with another spring preview.
It seems like the midweek of the past couple of weeks has featured a few of those previews.
It will be on the warmer side the next couple of days as we could see temperatures in the 60s at some locations. While today will be mostly on the dry side, we will see a system move through Thursday that will bring some rain.
The bigger story, however, is the return of cold air and potentially some natural snow for President’s Day Weekend.
I think Massanutten spoke for nearly all the ski areas with “snowmaking temps are forecasted for Friday night and the Mt Ops team will be ready with their finger on the trigger (or mouse) to get snowmaking fired up” in the morning report this morning.
It seems like we have had good timing with the cold snaps for the weekends at least.
The snow conditions will be springlike today, which can be a lot of fun with soft and playful snow.
For all the deets, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
Here are a few notes from around the region.
- Things are pretty status quo with the exception of a few minor base adjustments – nothing too drastic, however.
- Today is Passholder Appreciation Day at Massanutten. Creekside and Peak Quad’s will be open from 5-7p with free apps for pass holders.
- Timberline is offering a more advanced terrain option this week as Off The Wall and The Drop remains ungroomed.
- It is the upcoming President’s Day Weekend and we are already seeing some capacity notices – be sure to purchase in advance if possible.
- Speaking of capacity notices, Wisp has announced they are sold out of tubing for Saturday, Feb. 18, and Sunday, Feb. 19.
- Today’s featured image is from Winterplace.
It may be a tad on the warm side, but that won’t stop the fun.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]