Today’s featured image is from our Beech Mountain Summit camera looking down at the clouds this morning.
The trends are certainly in our favor for the end of the week.
Parts of the area will see Thursday snow while the entire region will see significant snowmaking windows that should have the slopes in incredible shape as we head into the weekend.
After the mixed weather bag that the start of the week has brought, we are going to end the week in some serious style.
The headline, of course, is the natural snow potential in the southern part of the region – especially the North Carolina resorts and Ober Gatlinburg. The models haven’t exactly been in agreement on the amounts, but 2-4” seemed to be the general consensus this morning.
That, however, could change depending on a number of different factors, and we will have to see what today’s model runs show. We will take whatever Ma Nature wants to throw at us.
It does seem like the northern resorts will miss out on the natural snow, but they won’t be missing out on snowmaking opportunities. Thursday and Friday could be around-the-clock type days which will really set everyone up nicely for the weekend.
Today is going to be a tweener-type day as we await the cold to arrive.
A Word from Our Sponsors
Debbie, Britney and the team will provide great customer service while also providing high-quality accommodations around Snowshoe Mountain.
For more information, visit their website at snowshoerentals.com.
Conditions and coverage continue to look really solid across the slopes. For the full snow report, please visit the Snow Reports page. Let’s take a quick look beyond the snow report with some random notes.
- Resorts are reporting either groomed conditions or loose and frozen granular. The snow will be a little firmer today.
- Sugar Mountain made snow overnight, and you can expect resorts to join in throughout the day as temperatures drop. The West Virginia resorts, as well as Wisp, look to be ones that could start during the day today.
- Canaan and Snowshoe received a trace of natural snow overnight.
- Canaan shared this great photo gallery over on Facebook yesterday.
The weather forecast is calling for snow tonight and temps around 24 degrees which will open up a snowmaking window for our mountain crew. #CanaanResort #Skiing #Snowboarding
- Snowshoe’s Spruce will be closed today as the mountain ops crew prepares for Saturday’s Berming Man event. It is an awesome event that will be fun to watch.
- Speaking of Snowshoe, have you registered for next weekend’s Ski Southeast Summit?
- App Ski Mountain is set to Appalachian Cup Series Racing tonight on the slopes. Should be a great night for the kids to compete.
Appalachian Cup Series Racing tonight! If you happen to be out riding tonight, come cheer these kids on as they compete…
- Currently, The Omni Homestead is set to reopen on Thursday, while Ski Sapphire will resume operations on Friday at noon. Both resorts have weekend-ish schedules for the rest of the season.
- Winterplace had a special guest yesterday as a pair of Spidermans were spotted on the slopes.
- A couple of events are throwing it back to the ’80s this weekend. Beech is hosting its annual Retro 80’s Weekend starting on Thursday, Feb. 20.
- Ober is also throwing it back with the Spring Fling / Ober Rocks the 80s event on Saturday. The Noonski crew previewed the weekend (while showing off the slope conditions) yesterday.
That does it for today, but be sure to follow us over on social media for the latest.
Until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]