We are rolling into the weekend.
We are finally getting out of the mixed-bag precipitation trend, and conditions are looking fantastic this morning as nearly every resort is making snow this morning.
Some light snow showers – with little or no accumulation – are falling at a few of the northern resorts to help set the mood for the first weekend in February.
We did some light snow accumulation on Thursday and overnight.
Beech and Sugar received a quick two inches on Thursday morning, while Canaan Valley, Timberline, and Wisp all received around an inch in the past 24 hours.
After the weather roller coaster of this week, the weekend is looking calm and really nice for those looking to make some turns.
For the full rundown of conditions, check out the Snow Reports page.
Here are a few notes and tidbits for this morning.
- As I mentioned yesterday, a couple of resorts are taking full advantage of this snowmaking window and even closed a couple of trails to really concentrate on snowmaking.
- Wisp announced early this morning that Chairs 4 and 5 will be open today servicing Main Street, Highline Pass, and Eye Opener – a day earlier than originally planned.
- Beech Mountain announced that West Bowl – the artist formerly known as Oz Run – is set to open on Sunday and will operate daily from 9a-4:30p. It is great to see it open.
- Omni Homestead is hosting February Fridays this month. Ski and snowboarding will be open until 8p on Fridays during the month, while Penguin Slides tubing park will be open 1p-6p. The resort is also offering some great deals on lift tickets and rentals for the weekend.
- This weekend does look like it will be pretty busy so if you can purchase tickets and rentals in advance, I would highly recommend it.
- On that note, advance reservations at Bryce Resort are required.
It is going to be a great Friday and an even better weekend.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]