Two more resorts are dropping the rope on the 2022-23 season to highlight what is looking to be a pretty fantastic Tuesday.
Ober Mountain and Wintergreen bring the number of open resorts to 14 this morning. We will see number 15 tomorrow as Ski Sapphire Valley will drop the rope, and it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see the 16th and final resort in Omni Homestead start the season this week.
The mountain operation crews (#ThankASnowmaker) have certainly worked their magic as it is crazy impressive how much snow they have laid down since last week’s rain and ice event.
The conditions are looking incredible right now. For the full report, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page, but here are a few notable items from around the region.
- Ober Gatlinburg is kicking off the year with four slopes – including Upper Bear and Castle Run – and three lifts in operation today with a 10-20″ base.
- Wintergreen is opening with five trails – including upper and lower Dobie – serviced by the Blue Ridge Express lift. They are reporting an 18-24″ base.
- Snowshoe will drop the rope on Widowmaker this morning on the Basin side, while Cubb Run (trail and lift) will open at Silver Creek.
- Gunther’s Way is now open at Sugar along with Big Birch and the Big Birch lift.
- Canaan Valley and Timberline picked up a trace of natural snow over the last 24 hours to help refresh the winter ambiance as we speed toward Christmas.
Tuesday is looking gorgeous – seriously would be a great day for some product testing. The real elephant in the room is the Thursday and Friday system that is all over social media and the news/weather.
The biggest story (perhaps?) will be the cold temperatures that are coming behind, but there will be some snow that comes along with it.
I am sure Brad will be sharing his latest skier’s forecast with it, and we will look at some specifics tomorrow.
It was great to hear from our buddy Bill up at Bryce as he spent Monday on the snow. He summed up Monday simply
“Good skiing, good crowd, good fun.”
He sent over a couple of photos (including one with his patrol partner Sam) from the day as well. Today’s featured photo of the day is Bill at the start of his second run.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].