Hello, (meteorological) winter!
It is hard to believe that today is December 1, but I am digging the cold air that the turn of the calendar has brought with it.
After the rain cleared out on Wednesday, the temperatures took a nosedive, and we are seeing temperatures 20-25 degrees colder than they were this time yesterday.
That allowed the magicians, aka mountain operation crews, to work their magic overnight, and refresh the slopes.
Work their magic they did.
The slopes are looking pretty sweet this morning after the overnight refresh, and those lucky enough to make some turns will be looking at some fantastic conditions.
For the latest conditions, be sure to check out the Snow Reports page.
Here are a few notable items from around the area.
- Nearly every resort made snow overnight. Snowmaking will continue as long as temperatures allow – including on open runs at the six open resorts – so be on the lookout for that.
- Bryce, Massanutten, Timberline, and Wolf Ridge are planning on resuming operations on Friday.
- App Ski Mountain is celebrating its 60th anniversary of family fun this weekend with Saturday and Sunday day session tickets rolled back to $10. Advanced reservations are required for this rate so check out their site.
- I thought it was cool to see both Beech Mountain and Davis/Thomas, West Virginia named part of Travel and Leisure’s “10 Ski Towns to Visit Even If You Don’t Ski”. We have some extraordinary ski communities and it is great to see a few get some well-deserved recognition.
You can check that story out by clicking here.
- There are a few Cyber Monday deals still floating around at local resorts and a couple of season pass deals are still ongoing. Check out your favorite resort to see if they have any specials and we will continue to bring those to you as well.
- Today’s featured image is from Snowshoe.
It is a busy time of year for sure. As I mentioned at the top, snowmaking is ongoing this morning, and we could potentially see 24-hour snowmaking at a few resorts.
Brad shared his latest skier’s forecast overnight, and things are looking solid for the weekend.
If you are looking to come this weekend, the conditions will be fantastic and there will be plenty of snow to play on.
That does it for today but until next time #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]