My oh my, what a beautiful day.
The northwest flow snow and cold has set us up for an incredible Friday and weekend across the board.
We are still seeing some light snow showers this morning to help keep the winter ambiance rolling.
As always, you can check out the Snow Reports page for the full details – which includes open trails/lifts, snowmaking, notes, and accumulations from each of the resorts.
For accumulations, Canaan Valley, Snowshoe, and Timberline were the leaders with snow still falling as they have surpassed four inches of natural snow in the past 24 hours.
Winterplace received a healthy three inches of fresh snow, while Beech Mountain and Sugar Mountain ended up with around the three-inch mark as well.
It’s been a heck of a week for sure.
In addition to the natural snowfall, nearly every resort has cranked up snowmaking operations and they are putting down the snow.
In several places this morning it was hard to see the slopes on Resortcams because of the manmade blizzard going on.
For those lucky enough to make some turns today, some incredible conditions are awaiting.
A few notes from around the area:
- App Ski Mountain is reporting eight trails open for today as they have closed a few to focus on snowmaking operations. Appal Jam will be closed Saturday and Sunday for a USASA Event.
- Snowshoe teased in their morning report that groomers were headed over to Lower Shay’s Revenge so keep an eye out in the coming days for the rope to drop on that slope.
- Several resorts have mentioned that are hoping to add terrain to the mix over the weekend.
- If you are headed to the mountains this weekend, consider purchasing tickets, rentals, etc. ahead if possible. Some resorts have capacity limits for the weekends.
- Our pal Bill Nabers shared this pic on Bootlegger on Bryce today. Bill said that it was a good day of skiing and patrolling.
- If you are hitting the slopes this weekend (or anytime really), we would love to see and feature your photos and trip reports.
The weekend is looking pretty fun as well, and the weather next week is certainly interesting.
Brad shared his latest skiers forecast overnight.
Something for us to keep an eye on in the coming days.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].