The cold air is returning just in time.
After a wet Thursday afternoon and night, the undeveloped snow is on the way out, and cold air is rushing in behind along with some light snow to help us kick off President’s Day weekend.
For the latest conditions, trail counts, etc., be sure to visit the Snow Reports page as that has been updated with all the latest.
Our own Brad Panovich stopped by and shared his latest Skier’s Forecast to discuss the weather for today as well as the upcoming pattern.
The roller-coaster ride will continue, but that is expected this time of year.
Friday is going to be a great day as we have some light snow falling to set the ambiance while also adding a nice topping to the slopes.
Despite the Thursday rain where some locations received nearly two inches, the bases held up extremely well but did take a bit of a hit. However, there is still a ton of snow to play on – which is a testament to the base depths that the mountain op crews have built since the start of the year (#ThankASnowmaker).
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few resorts crank up snowmaking during today to take advantage of every minute of the snowmaking window, and I fully expect every resort will crank up overnight.
Conditions at rope drop tomorrow will be awesome.
As I mentioned earlier, be sure to check the Snow Reports page for the latest. Here are a couple of notes as we head into the weekend:
- Wolf Ridge is still operating without the quad lift today, but they are hoping to have it spinning for Saturday. Be sure to check back here or over on Wolf Ridge’s Facebook page for the latest.
- We are seeing a couple of resorts hit or get close to capacity for this weekend. App Ski Mountain is sold out for Saturday day session (other sessions still have limited availability), Snowshoe has reached capacity for Saturday and Sunday with Silver Creek only tickets available for both days, while Massanutten has reached online capacity for both day and night sessions for Saturday along with Sunday’s day session (they will have a limited availability of walk-up ticket purchases but rentals may not be available).
- Be sure to check with your intended resort and purchase ahead where possible for this weekend as we expect it to be extremely busy.
- If you have Saturday tickets for Winterplace, you can visit the resort on Friday between 5p and 10p to pick up your tickets and rentals and get a free night ski ticket for Friday. Everyone loves free lift tickets.
- Ski Sapphire is set to resume operations at noon today.
- Today’s featured image is from App Ski Mountain.
It is going to be a great weekend. That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]