Today’s featured image is from App Ski Mountain this week.
You aren’t going to be able to rain on our parade today.
Our string of bluebird days is going to be broken today, but that doesn’t mean it is going to be a washout.
The last week and change have featured incredible spring weather and fantastic spring conditions. Despite the warmer temperatures, there is still plenty of snow to play on.
It is raining in a few locations this morning, but it is expected to move out midday. The other locations that are dry will see some rain move in later today, but it doesn’t look like it will last long.
We could see some spotty showers over the weekend as well. However, it will not be a complete washout – or even close to washout.
Rain amounts will be on the lower side today with the trend continuing on any showers that move through over the weekend.
All-in-all, it is going to be an incredible weekend to ride and slide.
For the latest conditions, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
A few tidbits and notes from around the area:
- Canaan Valley has announced that this will be the last weekend of the 2020-21 season for the West Virginia resort. They haven’t announced an exact closing date, however, but we will update you as soon as we have it.
- App Ski Mountain will have Midnight Blast Weekends this weekend. The resort will be open for play until midnight tonight and on Saturday.
- Ski Sapphire returns to operation today for their bonus weekend. They will open at noon and will close for the season after Saturday’s session.
- Most resorts are reporting groomed or spring conditions this morning. The snow will be soft and playful today and throughout the weekend.
- I would still recommend purchasing in advance if possible, but it does appear there is no major crunch on availability this weekend on lift tickets, etc. However, that can change in a hurry so be sure to check with your destination resort.
You can have a lot of fun making laps so get out and enjoy.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].