A beautiful bluebird Monday is on the way.
After a weird weather weekend that saw parts of the region see some light natural snow along with some wintry mix, we are heading into a beautiful couple of days.
The snow totals were on the lower side as things didn’t play out in our favor, but we will certainly take any natural snow we can get.
It is a pretty winter wonderland this morning.
Check out some of these snaps from over at Resortcams.
Beech and Sugar Mountain were the big winners as they were around the 2″ mark in the last 24 hours. Cataloochee saw just under an inch, while a couple of other resorts had a heavy dusting.
We also saw more than a handful of resorts crank up snowmaking operations for a refresh and things are looking pretty fantastic this morning.
Those early first tracks are going to be a lot of fun.
For the full breakdown, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page. Here are a few notes from around the area.
- Ace’s Run at Wisp Resort is now open.
- Canaan Valley was able to open an additional three trails this weekend as they are now at 23 open slopes.
- Ski Sapphire Valley and Omni Homestead have suspended operations as scheduled. In addition to their regularly scheduled days this weekend, both are slated to have a bonus day of skiing next Monday.
- Massanutten is offering Monday Night Madness tonight with discounted slope access tickets.
- Today’s featured image is from Beech Mountain.
This week will feature another spring-like couple of days, but the potential for winter will return in time for President’s Day weekend.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]