Today’s featured image is from Ober Gatlinburg a couple of days ago. The Tennessee resort is having a fantastic start to the season.
It is going to be a spectacular start to the weekend.
The sun is shining all across the coverage area and conditions are looking pretty fantastic as we head into the weekend.
It is going to be a busy weekend as we add two resorts to the open list today – Wisp and Wolf Ridge – and add another two to the mix tomorrow as Winterplace and Ski Sapphire Valley will join the mix.
As a cherry on top, Timberline is going to offer a preview weekend on Saturday and Sunday.
All-in-all, it will be a great weekend to hit the slopes if you are able, and next week is looking even better with some cold and even potential natural snow on the way.
A Word from Our Sponsors
C&R Ski and Outdoor is your home everything you need on the slopes in the North Carolina Triad. With locations in Hillsborough and Elon, C&R offers a huge selection of winter gear - from skis and snowboards to gloves.
C&R also offers robust selection online at candrski.com. Visit them today online or at either the Hillsborough or Elon locations!Learn More
There are eight resorts open today for fun.
A quick look at conditions at those eight resorts as we head into the weekend can be found over on the Snow Reports page.
Here are a few highlights from this morning’s roundup.
- App Ski Mountain has announced an altered schedule as a result of North Carolina’s modified order. App will now be playing from 9a to 10p seven days a week as Midnight Blast Nights will be in a holding pattern.
- Beech Mountain will start night skiing tonight with sessions running to 10p on the weekend and 9p on weekdays. Cataloochee will start night skiing on Saturday, Dec. 12.
- Wolf Ridge is opening the 2020-21 season with a 16-32″ base with groomed conditions. They have four slopes and four lifts in operation.
- Wisp Resort is kicking off the season with an 18″ base with six trails and two lifts in operation. They are reporting a groomed surface as well.
- Snowshoe is adding the Soaring Eagle lift to the mix today.
- Speaking of Snowshoe, Kenny is posting his trip report later this morning from his opening weekend experience. Be sure to check it out.
- Snowmaking has stopped at all resorts, but we are looking at snowmaking returning early next week. Conditions look really solid across the area.
- The Timberline camera is back up and running over at Resortcams – be sure to check it out as they welcome guests to the mountain tomorrow.
If you are able to hit the slopes this weekend, we would love to see your photos and videos. Send them to us over on Facebook, Instagram or even email.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]