Today’s featured image is from Canaan Valley – such an awe-inspiring picture.
It is going to be another beautiful day to be on the slopes.
This week has been incredible skiing and snowboarding, and today is going to be no different. Snow is looking extra fresh this morning as most resorts have been able to make snow overnight. Combine that with the top-notch grooming efforts and conditions are going to be awesome.
Take a look at a few shots from over at Resortcams because a picture is worth a thousand words.
For the latest conditions, be sure to check out the Snow Reports page.
A couple of tidbits from the morning’s snow reports:
- Lower Shay’s Revenge is now open at the Western Territory at Snowshoe. As the crew at 4848′ noted, that isn’t the best place to practice your pizza and french fry transitions.
- Canaan Valley has added Meadows 1, Weiss Way In, and Buck Run to mix bringing their open slope total to 17.
- Snowmaking continued at a handful of resorts overnight and will continue as long as temperatures allow. The resorts are going to take advantage of this weather as long as they can and I don’t think anyone will blame them.
- Beech Mountain announced that they are now sold out of lift tickets for Saturday, Jan. 16. They have limited availability for Sunday, Jan. 17.
- For those near Ober Gatlinburg, they are hosting their Race Nights every Thursday now and between February 25th. The program welcomes all skiers and riders. Check out their Facebook page or their website for more information.
- As a reminder, be sure to check with your intended resort to see what COVID-19 protocols are in place – including to see lift ticket availability.
The best part? Conditions are only going to get better as we head into the holiday weekend.
After a chance of a mixed bag of precipitation in the early morning hours on Friday, it will change to all snow with the Northwest Flow kicking on Saturday.
We aren’t talking major accumulations, but any is better to help set that winter vibe that we all love.
Our own Brad Panovich should be sharing his latest update this evening so be on the lookout for that.
In addition to the weekend, we are keeping our eyes on a couple of other potentials next week.
Let’s keep the #ThinkSnow vibe going because this has been awesome.
It isn’t too late to plan a weekend getaway to the mountains, but you will need to start planning now in most instances as lift tickets are going fast at most resorts – if they aren’t sold out already.
I mentioned a few of our partners who had limited availability in First Trax yesterday and that is a great place to start planning.
Midweek also continues to be an outstanding time to make some turns if you can do so.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]