Mild and Lots of Chances at Spring Showers This Weekend Through Tuesday…

WISP RESORT – Pretty much look for variably sunny to cloudy skies today through Tuesday with a good chance of rain and thunderstorms (showers) each and every day through the period.  Highs today should be around 60°, Saturday 62°, Sunday 64°, Monday 63° and Tuesday should turn cooler with a high of 45°.  There’s a 50-60% chance of showers Saturday night, Sunday, Sunday Night and Monday and Tuesday. No snowmaking temps through the period>

SNOWSHOE MOUNTAIN WEST VIRGINIA – There’s a 30% chance of rain today with breezy winds and a high near 50°. Saturday should be clear and windy with highs around 56°.  Saturday night brings a slight chance of a shower or two and then Sunday should be decent with some 30% shot of thunderstorms and a high of 62° or so.  Monday should be a mix of sun and clouds with a 40% chance or showers and a high of 62°.  Tuesday will be a rainy day with a 60% chance of showers and much cooler temps – highs around 43°. Tuesday night offers a low of 23° and some snow showers or mixed precip. Wednesday turns MUCH colder with a high of 32° and a low of 23°.  Thursday rebounds to 45° and sunny skies.

MASSANUTTEN RESORT – Look for much the same weather pattern with a mix of sun and clouds and good chances of showers each day and highs in the upper 60s and lows in the mid 40s today through Monday.  Tuesday cools off a bit with highs in the mid 50s. There’s a good chance of a shower or two each day.

WINTERGREEN RESORT – It should be a nice day today but don’t count out a 20% chance of a shower and highs around 70°. Saturday should be about the same with may a degree cooler at 68°. Sunday looks cloudier and a 30% chance of rain and highs around 68°. Monday should be sunny and 75°. Monday night and Tuesday look like spring showers and thunderstorms.  Highs Tuesday should be around 55°.

NC MOUNTAINS – Partly Cloudy and MILD with highs in the mid 60s today.  Don’t be surprised if the temp goes above the 64 forecasted. It should be clear tonight and 45°.  Saturday now shows a 40% chance of showers and a high of 68°.  Sunday should be variably cloudy with a 20% chance of rain and 68°. Monday may pass 70° on the gauge and look for increasing clouds and a 30% of rain early in the afternoon and more at night.  Tuesday the temps drop dramatically but only with highs near 50° and there is a 50% chance of rain. Tuesday night may dip to 32° and there’s a chance of a snow shower but probably not anything in the way of accumulations.  Wednesday look for a slight chance of some continued snow flurries early and then a high of 47°.  Wednesday night we could see snowmaking temps at 27°.  Thursday trends back to a high of 49° and sunny skies.

Until Next Time!

Check out www.HighCountryWeather.com  for more information and also be sure to check out www.SkiSoutheast.com  for more weather information about ski resorts to the north!

Be sure to email photos, snow reports and comments to: [email protected]

SHARE
Previous articleMild Weekend and Maybe Snowmaking Temps Tuesday?!?!
Next articleTraffic on SkiNC and the Slopes Way Down; Get Out and Ski YOUR Favorite Resort!
Mike Doble
Mike is the Editor and founder of SkiSoutheast.com, SkiNC.com and ResortCams.com. Since September 1996 he has posted more than 13,000 posts, articles, photos and videos promoting all of the ski areas of North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland.Mike is the father of four daughters, is an avid skier and enjoys golf, tennis, kayaking and hiking in the mountains. Winter snowsports and Summer boating on Watauga Lake are among his favorite pastimes.