A QUIET START TO THE WEEK FOR SOME, BUT THE SNOW RETURNS

HERE’S THE SKIER’S FORECAST FOR THE MIDATLANTIC AND SOUTHEAST RESORTS:

For WISP, TIMBERLINE & CANAAN…. Look for a 40% snow chance today with a high around 26 degrees. Accumulations of a dusting to a half inch are possible. Holding on to an 80% snow chance tonight with 1 to 3 inches possible as temperatures bottom out around 17 degrees. A wintry mix for Tuesday and Tuesday night is likely, with periods of snow mixing with freezing rain. Temperatures will warm up to around 22 degrees and lows will be in the upper teens. A 60% chance of morning snow showers holds over into Wednesday morning, with a high around 20 degrees.

SNOWSHOE…. Cloudy skies will develop today, with a dusting to half inch of snow (30%) moving in for the afternoon and highs in the upper 20’s. A 70% chance of snow and freezing rain tonight with lows in the low 20’s and around an inch of snow possible. A wintry mix of sleet and freezing rain for Tuesday with temperatures in the middle 20’s. A cold one Tuesday night with the wintry mix continuing and lows in the middle teens. By Wednesday, a 50% chance of snow showers remain with temperatures nearly steady in the middle teens.

WINTERGREEN…. A bit on the cloudy side again for today with a 20% chance of rain or snow by the afternoon and highs in the low and middle 40’s. An 80% chance of rain, sleet and snow moves in tonight with lows around 27 degrees. By Tuesday, temperatures hold steady in the low 30’s with a 90% chance of snow, mixing with sleet at times. The wintry mix continues Tuesday night and Wednesday with lows in the middle 20’s and highs around 30 degrees.

OBER GATLINBURG…. A mild and quiet start to the work week on with partly cloudy skies today and highs in the low 50’s. Clouds move in with a 50% chance of rain tonight and lows around 38 degrees. Rain is likely (90% chance) on Tuesday, with temperatures in the low 50’s. Temperatures fall into the lower 30’s Tuesday night with rain changing over to light snow. Cooler temperatures on Wednesday with a 30% chance of light snow and highs in the middle 30’s.

HERE’S THE OUTLOOK FOR THE WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS….
Increasing clouds across the High Country today with temperatures warming into the upper 40’s. A 40% chance of rain develops for tonight with temperatures only falling down into the upper 30’s. Cooler with rain likely (80% chance) on Tuesday, possibly mixing with sleet at times. As temperatures fall into the 20’s Tuesday night, rain and freezing rain are likely. By Wednesday, look for a 40% snow chance with temperatures in the middle 20’s.
Submitted by Meteorologist Marcus Lynch