WE HAVEN’T RUN OUT OF SNOW YET

HERE’S THE SKIER’S FORECAST FOR THE MIDATLANTIC AND SOUTHEAST RESORTS:

For WISP, TIMBERLINE & CANAAN…. More snow for Friday (60%) with temperatures in the upper 20’s. Scattered snow showers Friday night with lows around 10 degrees. A 30% snow chance sticks around for Saturday and Sunday with highs in the teens.

SNOWSHOE…. . Ending the week on Friday with a 60% chance of snow and highs in the upper 20’s. A 40% chance of snow showers Friday night with a low around 0 degrees. Some widely scattered snow showers linger into Saturday morning, with highs near 10 degree. For Sunday, a 20% chance of snow ending by early afternoon with a high around 1 degree.

WINTERGREEN….A few clouds linger into Friday with a high around 40 degrees. Skies become partly cloudy for Friday evening, with the mercury sliding down to around 20 degrees. More sunshine for Saturday with temperatures in the middle 30’s.

OBER GATLINBURG…. More of a wintry mix of snow and rain (50%) for Friday, with highs in the upper 30’s and mostly cloudy skies by the afternoon. The weekend begins and ends with partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the middle 30’s.

HERE’S THE OUTLOOK FOR THE WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS….
Temperatures warm up slightly into the middle 30’s to end the week with a 40% chance of rain changing to snow, a light dusting to half inch accumulation possible. For Friday night, the High Country will see a 30 snow chance with lows in the middle teens. Sunshine is back for Saturday with highs in the low 30’s. More light snow (20% chance) is back for Sunday, with highs in the low and middle 20’s. A 40% chance of snow kicks off the week on Monday with highs in the middle 20’s.
Submitted by Meteorologist Marcus Lynch