SPRING WEATHER GETS THE “BOOT”

HERE’S THE SKIER’S FORECAST FOR THE MIDATLANTIC AND SOUTHEAST RESORTS:
Real January Weather Returns…

For WISP, TIMBERLINE and CANAAN…. Rain to start the week on Monday (90%) with highs in the upper 50’s. Colder air on Monday night will convert leftover moisture to snow showers (60%) and lows in the low 20’s. Snow showers continue on Tuesday with chilly temperatures holding steady in the middle 20’s. Down into the deep freeze Tuesday night with snow showers and lows around 10 degrees.

At SNOWSHOE…. A near 100% rain chance on Monday with highs in the upper 40’s. Colder air on Monday evening will change leftover moisture to snow showers (50%) and lows in the low 20’s. There will be enough leftover moisture and cold air for a 50% snow chance on Tuesday with highs in the middle 20’s. Temperatures take the plunge Tuesday night with scattered snow showers (30%) and lows around 7 degrees.

WINTERGREEN, VA and OBER GATLINBURG…. Showers Monday (50% chance) with highs in the middle and upper 60’s. Rain lingers into Monday night with lows in the upper 30’s. Can’t rule out an isolated shower or two Tuesday (30%) with a high around 40 degrees. Drying out Tuesday night for Wintergreen with lows in the low 20’s. Ober Gatlinburg will see rain shower change over to snow showers (20%) as temperatures fall into the upper teens.
HERE’S THE OUTLOOK FOR THE WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS….

The rain odds go up Monday (60% chance) with a high near 60 degrees. As temperatures fall into the lower 30’s on Monday night, rain showers (60% chance) may change over to snow showers by early Tuesday morning. A 40% chance of light snow Tuesday with temperatures in the upper 30’s. Scattered snow showers (30%) linger into Tuesday night as the big chill sets in. Temperatures will bottom out in the middle teens. High pressure will dry things out and bring sunny skies to the High Country by Thursday, with a high around 30 degrees.

SHARE
Previous articleWalmart-ization of Skiing
Next articleThe LAST of the Thin Coverage and Bare Spots?!?! Maybe!
Mike Doble
Mike is the Editor and founder of SkiSoutheast.com, SkiNC.com and ResortCams.com. Since September 1996 he has posted more than 13,000 posts, articles, photos and videos promoting all of the ski areas of North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland.Mike is the father of four daughters, is an avid skier and enjoys golf, tennis, kayaking and hiking in the mountains. Winter snowsports and Summer boating on Watauga Lake are among his favorite pastimes.