Skier’s Forecast for the Week Ahead for Southeast Ski Resorts

A variety of weather is taking place across the Southeast’s resorts.  Here’s the details by region:

NC MOUNTAINS FORECAST – We had 2-4” of snow since Monday afternoon.  That changed to light rain.  No we’re getting nothing but cloudy skies and tonight we should get more snow.  The high today should be around 40.  Tonight dips to 24 with some snow (maybe 1-3”). Wednesday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 40. Northwest wind around 16 mph.  Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low near 22. Northwest wind between 6 and 11 mph.  Thursday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 43. Calm wind becoming west between 4 and 7 mph. Thursday Night: A chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Friday: A chance of snow showers, mixing with rain after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Friday Night: A slight chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 20%. Saturday: A chance of snow or rain showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low near 24. Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 44. Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 29. Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 45.

WINTERGREEN RESORT IN VIRGINIA Today: Periods of snow and sleet, mainly before noon. High around 33. Northeast wind between 6 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.  Tonight: A chance of snow before 1am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 25. North wind between 7 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.  Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 48. Northwest wind between 6 and 13 mph. Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low near 22. West wind between 7 and 9 mph. Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 44. North wind around 7 mph. Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Friday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 41. Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Saturday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 42. Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low near 30. Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 45. Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 30. Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 53.

SNOWSHOE MOUNTAIN WEST VIRGINIA Today: Periods of snow, mainly between noon and 2pm. High around 28. South wind between 9 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible. Tonight: Snow showers likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 14. North wind between 5 and 8 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. Wednesday: A chance of snow showers, mainly before 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 27. Wind chill values between -4 and 6. Blustery, with a north wind between 18 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.  Wednesday Night: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low near 19. Blustery, with a north wind between 17 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%. Thursday: A slight chance of snow showers before 9am. Partly cloudy, with a high around 29. Northwest wind between 10 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%. Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. Friday: Mostly cloudy, with a high around 28. Friday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Saturday: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low near 24. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 28. Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 38.

Until Next Time!

Check out www.HighCountryWeather.com  for more information and also be sure to check out www.SkiSoutheast.com  for more weather information about ski resorts to the north!

Be sure to email photos, snow reports and comments to: [email protected]

SHARE
Previous articleSecond Day of Spring is Snowy and Good Conditions Across the Southeast
Next articleWhat’s Fun All About, by Joe Stevens
Mike Doble
Mike is the Editor and founder of SkiSoutheast.com, SkiNC.com and ResortCams.com. Since September 1996 he has posted more than 13,000 posts, articles, photos and videos promoting all of the ski areas of North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland.Mike is the father of four daughters, is an avid skier and enjoys golf, tennis, kayaking and hiking in the mountains. Winter snowsports and Summer boating on Watauga Lake are among his favorite pastimes.