The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

2018 Ski Southeast Summit at Snowshoe Mountain

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Welp, we're a little late announcing it this year but it's happening. This year's iteration of the Summit is going down March 2-4 at the Shoe. Perks and benefits are the same as in recent years...20% off lodging, free Sunday lifties, and First Tracks on Sunday at the Soaring Eagle lift. It's going to be awesome! As it always is. Check the link out below for more info including the reservation code you'll need. Make sure to fill out the sign up form as well as we'll be doing a giveaway or two. We gave away one (maybe two?) season passes last year. Also, if you are planning on attending I would book your room now. It's been a great year for Snowshoe and rooms are filling up fast apparently. Hope to see you all there!

http://www.skisoutheast.com/2018-ski-so ... -mountain/

Attending:
theKENDOG +1
WOOOOOO!

davidski
Expert

Last year patrol who was opening first tracks for us said that doing it on Cupp might be a possibility, is that still in the works?
theKENDOG
Expert

davidski wrote:Last year patrol who was opening first tracks for us said that doing it on Cupp might be a possibility, is that still in the works?
That would be sickkkkkk. I’ll have to ask Mike.
WOOOOOO!

Woodsrider427
Beginner

I just got off the phone now with Snowshoe reservations and she couldn't find the group reservation at all, using the name or code. I booked my room at Expedition Station for that weekend anyway, getting my season pass 10% off. I'll call back later in the week and see if someone else can find it and try to get my additional 10%. I'm looking forward to meeting some people.

Edit: I called back today (2/12) and this person found it. The rate was basically the same, so it didn't really matter anyway.
SkiCop
Expert

The Skicop family is booked at Rimfire!
skipink
Expert

SkiCop wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:32 pm The Skicop family is booked at Rimfire!
As is the Captain's crew!
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

Any idea how many people from Ski Southeast go to the summit? With Beech shutting down for the season and the rest of the resorts in NC looking like crap, the summit is becoming very tempting. I just need to see if my wife will let me go for a few days without her and find a friend that wants to go (and have his wife allow him to go as well). It may be a bit of a long shot, but Snowshoe looks to have the best conditions around.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Typically about 20. Look at the group pics Kenny posted.
davidski
Expert

I plan on being there, and with one of my sons I think....

If there is no snow can we have canoe races from the boathouse? Hide and seek through the ugly uncleared tops from old logging, tin foil beacon hat races where we see if we appear on the observatory's daily observations, Ideas?
theKENDOG
Expert

We always seem to get lucky with at least a bit of snow at the summit. Maybe this year too?

WOOOOOO!