It was just one week ago that we saw record shattering low temps . . . remember -19.5F (-35F with the wind chill) last Thursday in the Canaan Valley. Well, today we will see record shattering high temps. It’s expected to get up to 70F at Ober today. Regionally, that is nearly a 90 degree temperature change from the coldest resort to the warmest resort, within a week!
It’s so warm that you can see the temperature differential on the webcams . . .
Luckily we can take this little taste of spring, in stride. The base depths are still very strong right now. Tomorrow evening, winter comes back with vengeance, as temps will dip back into the single digits in parts of WV. Believe it or not, it’s lining up to be a great weekend!
Take the t-shirt challenge today and send us some photos!
It’s t-shirt weather in NC, with hot mid-week deals.
- Cataloochee: 100% Open. 7am temp: 54F. High of 62F today.
- “Thank you to all those men and women that risk their lives to protect us, everyday. We appreciate you not just today and tomorrow but everyday.”
- “Thursday and Friday, February 7 and 8 are Law Enforcement Appreciation Days and all law enforcement personnel, active and retired, and their families receive big discounts for lift tickets, lessons, rentals, and tubing on both Thursday and Friday.”
- “Also tonight is Adult Rec League Racing with racing beginning at 7pm, registration begins at 6pm. Top 3 finishers in both men and womens age divisions win cool stuff.”
- App: 100% Open. 7am temp: 56F High of 66F today.
- Terrain Park update: Features include whale tail, small, medium and large jumps.
- Beech Mountain: 14 (of 17) runs open. 7am temp: 52F. High of 59F today.
- “Every Thursday night starting January 3rd, is Ladies Night! $15 night slope pass for all the ladies. Bring your friends and meet other ladies on the hill!”
- Wolf: 10 (of 15) runs open. 7am temp: 52F. High of 62F today.
- “It’s Hippie Day come join us on the3 slopes in your best Hippie attire and have the chance to score a free lift ticket. We will have 2 opportunities to win best dressed Hippie – 4:30pm and 9pm meet in front of Snow sports School for the judging.”
- “It’s also College night tonight…$15 lift tickets with a valid College ID!”
VA is steaming up
- Massanutten: 100% Open. 7am temp: 50F. High of 58F.
- “Enjoy the warm air and soft snow! . . . The end of this late spring like weather is in site! Temperatures are forecasted to drop tomorrow evening into the snowmaking zone and we’ll be ready to freshen things up for the weekend.”
- Temporary Closures for this weekend . . . “We are hosting USSA and USASA events this weekend which will keep Diamond Jim and Pacessetter Terrain park closed until early afternoon on both days.”
- Wintergreen: 24 (of 25) runs open. 7am temp: 54F. High of 58F.
- No truer words have been said . . . “Temps will still be spring-like, but what southerner doesn’t appreciate milder temperatures!”
- Don’t forget Thursday is all about the locals – and everyone is a local. Here’s the deal:
- $20 night lift ticket
- $39 lift and rental
- $10 tubing ticket
- Add a group never ever lesson for 50% off (ages 8+)
- Bryce: 100% Open Terrain. 7am temp: 46F. High of 59F.
- Getting so warm that Bryce is beginning to promote summer activities on their FB page!
- Homestead: 100% Open. 7am temp: 52F. High of 62F.
WV: Today is balmy . . . tomorrow is in the single digits!
- Snowshoe: 59 (of 60) runs open. 7am temp: 45F. High of 49F.
- “With warmer temperatures and a bit of undeveloped snow in forecast today, it’s going to be a great day to test out that waterproof gear!”
- “We are expected to see colder temps again starting tomorrow.”
- Canaan: 25 (of 47) runs open. 7am temp: 49F. High of 52F.
- Winter returns! . . . “Tomorrow will be a windy day and by the end of the day temperatures will be in the single digits.”
- Snowmaking plans . . . “We will begin making snow tomorrow evening and will continue through the weekend.”
- Tonight is Pajama Night at the ice rink from 5pm to 8pm
- Winterplace: 25 (of 27) runs open. 7am temp: 55F. High of 65F.
- Snowmaking window opens up tomorrow evening
- Timberline: 7am temp: 49F. High of 52F.
- “Open today 9am to 430pm
Salamander IS OPEN”
- “Open today 9am to 430pm
Wisp sees snowmaking window open up tomorrow evening
- Wisp: 30 (of 34) runs open. 7am temp: 46. High of 56F
- Yum! . . . “Try some of our famous Maryland Crab Poutine at Wispers Bar & Grill”
Ober will see a high temp of 70F today!
- Ober: 9 (of 10) runs open. 7am temp: 61F. High of 70F!
- “Grizzly will be closed tonight from 6-8pm for the Race Program– join us for a fun night!”
That’s all for today.
We’d REALLY LOVE IT…if you would:
Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel < For great Video Notifications
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]