COLD AND SNOW is the forecast for Southeast and Mid Atlantic Ski Resorts for Saturday and Sunday!

3” of snow has fallen since yesterday afternoon here in the mountains of North Carolina .  That is on top of 2” that fell night before last…and don’t forget that we had a couple of inches last Monday as well. That’s nearly 7” of snow that has fallen in the last week. How much snow is lying around? The 3” that fell last night!  This IS Spring you know.  Monday’s snow came and went with some sun and light rain that fell mid-week.  Then Thursday’s snow came and went in much the same way.  Last night at about 8pm or so, we had little more than a dusting and then just before I crashed for the evening I looked out and couldn’t believe the quick burst of snowfall that had left an inch or more of snow.  I got up this morning and there’s a good 3” outside.  Now we’re seeing some sun and blue skies popping through and depending on how much sun we get, this snow could evaporate, except in shaded areas.  However MORE snow is forecasted for this afternoon and tonight as up to 6” more may fall near the NC / TN line with 2-3” around most of the higher elevations.  All of this comes on the FIRST WEEKEND OF SPRING!

Here’s the detailed forecast for today and Sunday by regions of the Southeast.  Today, we’ll go North to South.

WISP RESORT IN MARYLAND – SaturdayPatchy fog and light freezing drizzle early. Then cloudy. Scattered snow showers this morning. Snow accumulation this morning up to an inch. Highs in the 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.  Sunday…Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow.. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

CANAAN VALLEY WEST VIRGINIA (Home to Timberline and Canaan Valley Resorts)  SaturdayPatchy fog and light freezing drizzle early. Then cloudy. Scattered snow showers this morning. Snow accumulation this morning up to an inch. Highs in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. Sunday…Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow and rain showers. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

SNOWSHOE MOUNTAIN WEST VIRGINIA – Saturday
Snow showers likely. Snow accumulation up to an inch. Highs in the low to mid 30s…Highs in the upper 20s across higher elevations. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent. Sunday…Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow showers in the morning… Then a slight chance of rain and snow showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

WINTERGREEN RESORT IN VIRGINIA – SaturdayCloudy. Rain and snow showers likely. Isolated thunderstorms this afternoon. Little to no snow accumulation. Highs in the mid 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. Sunday…Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

NC MOUNTAINS – SaturdayShowers likely this morning…Then a chance of snow showers this afternoon. Highs in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Sunday…Mostly cloudy in the morning…Then becoming partly cloudy. Highs around 40. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.



Until Next Time!

Check out www.HighCountryWeather.com  for more information and also be sure to check out www.SkiSoutheast.com  for more weather information about ski resorts to the north!

Be sure to email photos, snow reports and comments to: [email protected]