It is a chilly start, but it is going to be an awesome weekend.
This morning certainly has a winter feel out as we are seeing temperatures 10 degrees (or more) cooler than yesterday morning. Those temperatures have allowed for several resorts to crank up snowmaking operations overnight to refresh the slopes for what is going to be a fantastic weekend.
Abundant sunshine with a few passing clouds and stellar conditions are on the menu all across the region today and for the weekend.
Mike is up at Canaan Valley and sent over today’s featured image and the one below – what a gorgeous view off of his deck. He was also reporting a few flurries this morning as his family gets amped for a great weekend of skiing.
For the latest conditions, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
A few notes from that page:
- Sapphire Valley kicks off their last weekend of the 2020-21 season today at noon. The last day of what has been an incredible season for Sapphire Valley is Sunday.
- Wolf Ridge also reopens at 9 am this morning for the weekend. On Facebook, they commented they would be open Friday-Sunday so I am not exactly sure what their plan is past Sunday.
- Resorts will start adjusting hours after this weekend so be sure to check with your destination resort for the latest. We will bring you a list of some of those changes on Monday.
- It is Governor’s Cup Weekend up at Canaan Valley. Click here for information on the event.
- The virtual auction for Beech Mountain’s Runs for Buns is winding down. Click here to check out the items and make donations to the Colon Cancer Society.
- In addition to Sapphire Valley, this is the last weekend of the season for Omni Homestead.
- For the runners, Massanutten is hosting 4K on the Fairway on Saturday to benefit Therapeutic Adventures – another great cause.
It was great to hear from our buddy Bill up at Bryce this week. Bill wrote:
“If you think that last week’s rain and warm weather did not affect the ski base you’d be mistaken. But you’d be equally mistaken if you think the good skiing is all over. I worked Patrol at Bryce. Not as much snow as early last week, but the skiing was very good into the early afternoon. Fewer people but those that came out had a very good time. March is a great time to ski most years. Still good turns to be made. The next few days look even better. Don’t miss out.”
Bill also sent over these great shots.
It is going to be a fantastic weekend so get out and ride if you can. That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].