Location, location, location.
I know that is the name of the game in real estate, but the same could be said for the weather over the next couple of days.
A great example this morning is what is happening in the Mountain State.
Canaan Valley and Timberline are enjoying a fresh six inches of snow this morning with snow still falling, while 50 miles southwest as the crow flies, Snowshoe is reporting an inch of snow with significant icing in some areas of the mountain.
Snowshoe is now seeing mostly snow in their wintry mix and could end up with a decent accumulation by tomorrow morning.
In addition to Canaan Valley and Timberline, Wisp is also playing on some serious powder today as the Maryland resort has received just over six inches of natural snow.
That will be sweet conditions to play in.
The forecast continues to have a mixed bag of precipitation over the next couple of days – we could see a little bit of everything thrown at us depending on where you are.
Brad posted an updated Skier’s Forecast overnight to break down the weather as we ride into President’s Day weekend.
This is certainly not an easy forecast as there are several pieces at play.
No matter the weather, the skiing and riding should be pretty fantastic this weekend – especially those locations that see fresh snow.
For the latest conditions, be sure to hop over to the Snow Reports page.
A few notable items from around the region.
- Omni Homestead is slated to open at noon today. Ski Sapphire will also resume operations at noon on Friday.
- With the weather changes, you will need to be weather aware today as freezing rain can impact resort operations. We will certainly pass along any impacts that we hear over on social media.
- As we head into the holiday weekend, we are seeing some resorts announce they have reached capacity limits for some sessions. If you don’t have your tickets for the weekend, book today (if possible).
- Bryce Resort is now requiring that all lessons must be booked at least 24 hours in advance, while all rentals must be book 14 hours in advance.
- App Ski Mountain is hosting a weekend of family fun with ticket deals, food, and even fireworks on Saturday night.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].