The Monday morning sunshine is providing a bit of a break from the gray we saw over the weekend. However, we better enjoy it while we can.
Rain will hold off for most of the area until later tonight and even into tomorrow as we will move into dodging raindrop mode for the next couple of days.
As a quick note, the southern resorts could see rain arrive a little earlier (even during the day today at Cataloochee and Ober), but it won’t be a washout.
This morning, however, is bringing pretty good early-season conditions as a few resorts were able to refresh their slopes overnight.
Between the overnight snowmaking, grooming, and the morning sunshine, it looks like this morning is going to be a prime time to make some turns for those lucky enough to be on the slopes.
Check out some of these shots from over at Resortcams.
There are seven resorts open for play today as we kick off the week. Those seven are:
App Ski Mountain
Cataloochee Ski Area
For the full details, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
Here are some items of note from around the region:
- With just a couple of base adjustments and temperatures, things are pretty much status quo as far as open trails and lifts as the past couple of days.
- Timberline Mountain has temporarily closed as scheduled, and they are set to reopen on Friday, Dec. 9.
- Wolf Ridge announced this morning that they will also be suspending operations until Friday.
- Bryce Resort started its seven-day-a-week schedule on Friday, and early season rates will be in effect through Dec. 16.
- Winterplace is set to host bonus days this upcoming Friday and Saturday before opening the season officially on Dec. 16.
- Wintergreen Resort is planning to open on Dec. 10, weather permitting.
- If you are wanting to make turns at night this week, currently App Ski Mountain and Sugar Mountain are the only resorts offering night sessions.
- Today’s featured image is from App Ski Mountain.
It is going to be a fun Monday on the slopes.
That does it for today, but until tomorrow, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]