It is going to be a roller coaster ride weather-wise over the next couple of days.
Tuesday is going to be on the milder side with some of that underdeveloped snow moving in around sunset. That rain will usher in some colder air – which in turn is going to give us a great snowmaking window to refresh the slopes for the weekend.
It isn’t natural snow, but we will sure take the cold air to continue the great start to the season.
Brad Panovich shared his latest skier’s forecast overnight. Be sure to check it out for the nitty-gritty details.
For today, it will be mostly dry until after hours, and we could even have some sunshine as well.
Six resorts are open for play this Tuesday, and conditions continue to look pretty fantastic all things considered.
It still amazes how much snow the mountain operation crews were able to put down in such a short stretch.
For the full details, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
Here are a couple of notable items from around the resorts.
- Winterplace Ski Resort announced the addition of two bonus days to their 2022-23 season. Those bonus days are set for Dec. 10 and Dec. 11.
Winterplace will kick off its 40th Anniversary season on Friday, Dec. 16.
- App Ski Mountain announced that the Red Bull Rail Yard will be coming to the mountain on December 10th and 11th.
On the 10th, rookies and amateurs will have the chance to qualify for the main event with pros competing on the 11th. For more info, visit redbull.com/railyard.
- As you look at the snow reports page, you will see things are pretty much status quo this morning at the six open resorts. There were just a few minor base adjustments and temperatures.
- As a follow-up to an item yesterday in case you missed our update, Wolf Ridge has suspended operations until Friday, Dec. 2.
- Today’s featured image is a beautiful shot of Cataloochee.
- Canaan Valley Resort has announced that Saturday, December 17th will be its opening day.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].