Today’s featured image is from App Ski Mountain on a drier day.
Rain, rain go away, we want to play today.
It is going to be a dodging raindrops kind of day at times today as a system moves through the entire region. We can deal with the rain, but unfortunately, it looks like we may also have some thunder and lightning to deal with as well throughout the day – but especially this evening.
Today is definitely going to be a great day to be weather-aware as you play.
On the bright side, the weekend, however, looks fantastic.
A Word from Our Sponsors
Meadowbrook Inn is a tranquil mountain retreat located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains in scenic Blowing Rock, North Carolina. Situated one block from the upscale shops, restaurants, and galleries on Blowing Rock's Main Street, they offers a relaxing mountain escape in the midst of some of the High Country's most popular attractions.
Meadowbrook Inn is the perfect destination when traveling along the Blue Ridge Parkway, exploring North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains, visiting Appalachian State University and the Boone area, or visiting the abundance of area attractions. Visit the website today for services, amenities and seasonal events.Learn More
We will deal with some pesky showers on Friday (maybe even mixed with a snowflake or two), but those won’t be as widespread as today’s rain.
Saturday and Sunday are looking fantastic with sunny skies and moderate temperatures. It will be a fantastic spring skiing weekend.
There is still plenty of snow to play on – which is a testament to how great this season has been as well as our snowmaking and mountain operation crews. It has been fantastic for sure.
For the latest conditions, be sure to hop over to the Snow Reports page and check them out.
A few notes from around the area.
- Due to today’s forecast, Timberline Mountain has suspended operations for Thursday, March 18. Timberline will resume operations on Friday, March 19.
- Winterplace hasn’t announced if they will reopen on Saturday, March 20 for a bonus day. Be sure to follow us over on social media for the latest as we receive it.
- Bryce Resort has announced that Sunday, March 21 will be their last day of the 2020-21 season. Speaking of Bryce, our buddy Bill Nabors shared that work (which is pictured below) has begun on a new advanced bike trail for this summer. Bill also shared that the skiing was good on Tuesday morning.
- Massanutten shared that they will move to a weekend-only schedule as long as snow conditions allow after this Sunday’s (March 21) session.
- App Ski Mountain will be skiing until 10p daily (with the exception of Friday’s and Saturday’s when they ski to midnight) until Saturday, March 27. App’s closing date is set for Sunday, March 28 where they will ski until 5p.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].