Today’s featured image is from a soggy Beech Mountain. Despite the rain, there is still plenty of snow to play on.
It’s hard not to sound like Ollie Williams on days like today, but it is going to rain y’all. Despite the rain, a great time can be still be had on the slopes.
The next two days are going to be wet – there is no way of getting around that. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
It continues to amaze me how productive the mountain op crews were with last week’s cold and snow and it is evident after a couple of springlike days.
The slopes should be able to weather the next two days – which could bring some heavy rain to parts of the area.
Rain gear will be a must on the slopes most of the day as there will be a few “windows of opportunities” for some dry run.
Overall, though, coverage is still really good and conditions will be pretty solid.
The light at the tunnel comes late Thursday with some relief from Ma Nature as cold and natural snow return for the weekend.
This weekend should be and will be spectacular.
For the complete conditions, be sure to check out the Snow Reports page.
Here are a few notables from the morning report.
- App Ski Mountain is suspending operations at 5p today through tomorrow night due to a forecast of thunderstorms and heavy rain. Normal operations will resume on Friday (Feb. 7).
- Cataloochee is hosting Family Day today. Anyone 17-and-under will receive a free lift ticket when accompanied by a parent purchasing a full-price adult ticket. The offer is good for all three sessions.
- Snowshoe is kicking off Subaru Winterfest and Progression Session this weekend. It is a great event and definitely worth checking out if you are in the area.
The annual Cupp Run was held earlier this week. Check out some of the great photos from the event.
- Bryce Resort is offering a great deal for Virginia residents on Thursday for the rest of the season. With a valid Virginia ID, you can get a full-day ticket for $25 or a night ticket for $15.
- Ober Gatlinburg did their awesome Noon Ski program over on Facebook yesterday with a great look at conditions on the slopes.
That will be it for today. Have a great Wednesday and until next time, #ThinkSnow!
We’d REALLY LOVE IT…if you would:
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]